Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Hair loss after WLS

Below I've copied an article that I found at Bariatric Times. This is outstanding information about the hair loss we often experience after WLS.
My hair loss started at 3 months post-op, stopped at 6 months and new hair start sprouting around 9 months. Much of this information was explained to me by my PCP and I did some other research on my own, but it's great to see all this information gathered in one place and have to tied back to how it relates to bariatric patients.
Click on the link below to take you to the webpage where the article is posted -- they have a wealth of other information there too.

by Jacqueline Jacques, NDNutrition and Hair Loss

A common fear and complaint of bariatric surgery patients is postoperative hair loss.

Hair loss has many causes. The most common type of hair loss after weight loss surgery is a diffuse loss known medically as telogen effluvium, which can have both nutritional and non-nutritional causes.

Author Correspondence: Jacqueline Jacques, ND; Phone: 800-898-6888 x22; Email: dr.jacques@bariatricadvantage.com.

Read the rest of the article here...

3 comments:

  1. Hey Pam, I enjoy reading your blog and learn alot from your experience. I was interested to see an article on hair loss (mine is starting to thin 3 months post op) but the text color isn't showing up on your black background! Is it possible to email the article to me or change the color so I can go back and read? thanka for all you contribute.
    Penney penneynurse@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pam-
    Please just provide the link to our copyrighted article by Jacqueline Jacques and remove the actual article content from your website. I tried to contact you directly regarding this but your email address in inaccessible from your blogsite. We are glad you find this article helpful and do not mind content being shared, as long as readers are being directed to our site to view any and all content. Thanks!
    Best regards,
    Colleen Hutchinson
    Bariatric Times

    ReplyDelete
  3. As requested, I've removed the text of this article. Please use the link to read the entire piece.
    ~Pam

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts

Related Posts with Thumbnails